Indian Share Market Holidays 2019 (NSE & BSE), List of Commodity Market holidays (MCX, NCDEX) and Stock Market Timings
Stock markets holidays are something that investors must definitely knowledgeable about. otherwise, it will turn out as a huge disappointment if you ready yourself, heading towards investment in stock market investment.
Thus, well informed regarding stock market holidays is pertinent!
If you are looking out for regarding stock market holidays schedule or how do I keep track of all the stock market holidays in India, then I must say you are landed at the right place.
Our today’s post is all about stock market Indian holidays 2019. so, readers, stay tuned with us till the end to learn more about stock market holidays schedule 2019.
so, without much ado, let’s just begin
Indian Stock Market Holidays 2019
Investors it is to inform you that the indices of the stock market recently released their schedule of holidays for the year 2019.
If you are a beginner investor and looking for how to invest in the share market? then you must also be aware regarding stock market holidays.
Weekends ie Saturday and Sunday is always close to the stock market both exchanges (NSE & BSE). yes, the exchange remains closed for the weekends it is utmost significant for those who are willing to trade.
The business timings for the stock market remain as the opening time of 9:15 am IST and closing at 3:30 PM IST.
Below listed are the holidays for the stock market for the year 2019, let’s take a look at the following.
NSE & BSE Holidays in 2019
|Republic Day||26 January 2019||Saturday|
|Mahashivaratri||4 March 2019||Monday|
|Holi||21 March 2019||Thursday|
|B R Ambedkar Jayanti||14 April 2019||Sunday|
|Maharashtra Day||1 May 2019||Wednesday|
|Eid ul-fitr||5 June 2019||Wednesday|
|Independence Day||15 August 2019||Thursday|
|Ganesh Chaturthi||2 September 2019||Monday|
|Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti||2 October 2019||Wednesday|
|Diwali (Lakshmi Puja)||28 October 2019||Monday|
|Christmas||25 December 2019|
the list for holidays include the national holidays and the regional public holidays.
- Best Mobile Trading Apps 2019
- Books on stock market
- How to Make Money in Share Market?
- Upcoming IPO Calendars 2019
NSE trading holidays 2019 on Saturdays and Sundays
|Republic Day||26 January 2019||Saturday|
List of Trading Holidays of MCX Market in 2019
|Tuesday||Jan 01, 2019||New Year’s Day||Evening Off|
|Saturday||Jan 26, 2019||Republic Day||Full Day Off|
|Monday||Mar 04, 2019||Maha Shivaratri||Morning Off|
|Thursday||Mar 21, 2019||Holi||Morning Off|
|Saturday||Apr 13, 2019||Ram Navami||Full Day Off|
|Sunday||Apr 14, 2019||Dr.Baba Saheb Ambedkar Jayanti||Full Day Off|
|Wednesday||Apr 17, 2019||Mahavir Jayanti||Morning Off|
|Friday||Apr 19, 2019||Good Friday||Full Day Off|
|Wednesday||May 01, 2019||Maharashtra Day||Morning Off|
|Wednesday||Jun 05, 2019||Id-ul-Fitr (Ramzan ID)||Full Day Off|
|Monday||Aug 12, 2019||Bakri Id / Eid ul-Adha||Morning Off|
|Thursday||Aug 15, 2019||Independence Day||Full Day Off|
|Monday||Sep 02, 2019||Ganesh Chaturthi||Morning Off|
|Tuesday||Sep 10, 2019||Moharram||Morning Off|
|Wednesday||Oct 02, 2019||Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti||Full Day Off|
|Tuesday||Oct 08, 2019||Dasara||Morning Off|
|Sunday||Oct 27, 2019||Diwali-Laxmi Pujan**||Morning Off|
|Monday||Oct 28, 2019||Diwali-Balipratipada||Morning Off|
|Tuesday||Nov 12, 2019||Guru Nanak Jayanti||Morning Off|
|Wednesday||Dec 25, 2019||Christmas||Full Day Off|
MCX Timing details
- Morning trading shall take place between 10:00 a.m. and 05:00 p.m.
- Evening trading shall take place between 05:00 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.
- Top 10 Banks Fixed Deposits in India
- Top Investment Options in India 2019
- Best site to learn stock trading in India
List of NCDEX Holidays 2019
The Multi-Commodity Exchange (MCX) and National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange (NCDEX) of India remain closed on the following holidays:
Trading Holidays For Commodity Trading (MCX/NCDEX)
|Sr.No||Holidays||Date||Day||Morning Session||Evening Session*|
|1||New Year’s Day||01-Jan-18||Monday||Open||Closed|
|4||Holi (2nd Day)||02-Mar-18||Friday||Closed||Open|
|9||Bakri Id (Id-ul-Zua)||22-May-18||Wednesday||Closed||Open|
|14||Diwali – Lakshmi Puja||07-Nov-18||Wednesday||Closed||Open**|
|15||Diwali – Balipratipada||08-Nov-18||Thursday||Closed||Open|
|16||Guru Nanak Jayanti||23-Nov-18||Friday||Closed||Open|
Morning session – 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM Evening session – 05:00 PM to 11:30/11:55 PM
*5:00 PM to 9:00 PM/9:30 PM for Internationally linked Agricultural commodities
**Timings for Muhurat trading shall be notified by the exchange subsequently.
There are public holidays which will clash with weekends (Saturday and Sunday):
- Republic Day: Saturday, January 26, 2019
- Ram Navami: Saturday, April 3, 2019
- Baba Saheb Ambedkar Jayanti: Sunday, April 14, 2019
- Diwali-LaxmiPujan: Sunday, October 27, 2019
- Best Online Discount Broker in India
Indian Stock Market Timings
During the normal days, the stock market works in 3 separate sessions as discussed below.
The Pre-opening session
The duration of the Pre-opening session is between 9:00 AM to 9:15 AM. This is further divided into three sub-sessions.
- 9:00 AM to 9:08 AM :
- This is the order entry session.
- You can place an order to buy and sell stocks in this duration.
- One can also modify or cancel his orders during this period.
- 9:08 AM to 9:12 AM :
- This session is used for order matching and for calculating the opening price of the normal session.
- You cannot modify or cancel buy/sell order during this time.
- 9:12 AM to 9:15 AM :
- This session is used as a buffer period.
- It is used for the smooth translation of the pre-opening session to the normal session.
Opening price of the normal session is calculated using multilateral order matching system. Earlier, the bilateral matching system was used which caused a lot of volatility when the market opened. Later, this was changed to multilateral order matching system to reduce the volatility in the market.
However, most people do not use the pre-opening session and only use the normal session for trading. That’s why there is still huge volatility even in the normal session after the pre-opening session.
The time between 3:30 PM to 3:40 PM is used for closing price calculation.
- The closing price of a stock is the weighted average of the prices between 3:00 PM to 3:30 PM.
- For the indexes like Sensex & nifty, its closing price is the weighted average of the constituent stocks for the last 30 minutes i.e. Between 3:00 PM to 3:30 PM.
The indices provide the 15-minute session to the trader so, that if required they can modify their orders before the actual market proceeds fo the day.
The window remains open from 9 am to 9: 15 am every trading day. at the same time, basic checks are completed at operational as well as the technical level by the indices going ahead with the business session.
The timings of the Indian stock market are divided into three sessions:
- Normal session (also called continuous session)
- Pre-opening session
- Post-closing session
Normal Bussiness Session
For the traders, who want to trade on specific indices, the stock market is operational between 9:15 am to 3:30 PM on any business day.
at the same time if you buy a specific set of stocks on day-1 you may choose to exit the same day ( Intraday trading) or any other day as per your preferences.
it is to be noted that brokerage charges may vary for these two types of trading
- This is the actual time where most of the trading takes place.
- Its duration is between 9:15 AM to 3:30 PM.
- You can buy and sell stocks in this session.
- The normal trading session follows bilateral matching session i.e. whenever buying price is equal to the selling price, the transaction is complete. Here transactions are as per price and time priority.
- The timings of the Post-closing session is between 3:40 PM to 4:00 PM.
- You can place your orders to buy or sell stocks in the post-closing session at the closing price. If buyers/sellers are available then your trade will be confirmed at the closing price.
NOTE: Pre-opening session and the Post-closing session is only for the cash market. There are no such sessions that are available for future & options.
Overall, the stock market timings in India can be briefed as:
Please take a read at the following
|9:00 AM to 9:15 AM||Pre-Opening Session|
|9:15 AM to 3:30 PM||Normal Trading Session|
|3:30 PM to 3:40 PM||Closing Price Calculation|
|3:40 PM to 4:00 PM||Post-Closing Session|
The session remains open for twenty minutes & the timing for the same is between 3:40 to 4 PM.
Timings of Trading in Commodity Market – MCX & NCDEX Revised Timing
Last week, in a circular no: MCX/TRD/537/2018, it was announced that trading hours for commodity derivatives segment in Indian commodity market will be changed from December 31, 2018.
The revised timing is as follows:
Note: – The Muhurat Trading Timing for 2019 shall be notified by the Exchange subsequently.
Trading timing for evening session will be as follows:
- Non-Agri Commodities: 5:00 PM to 11:30 / 11:55 PM
- Internationally Referencable Commodities: 5:00 PM to 09:00 PM
- No trading in all other Agri commodities on such days.
I am much delighted to share my knowledge about “Stock market holidays 2019″ & “Share Market timings“ with you all. I hope you find a piece of information useful and great assistance.
Please, like and subscribe us if you love reading us.
Also, write to us, if in case you encounter any issue with the post. You can reach us through the comment section below.
Looking forward to your replies. Last, but not, least, do not forget to like and subscribe us:)
Regards and good look for future success.
|MUTUAL FUND Basics||Best Mutual Fund for Ladies|
|Best Retirement Mutual Funds Schemes||Best Equity Mutual Fund Schemes|
|Best Mutual Fund for Child Education||Best Tax Saving Mutual Funds|